ES Daily Announcements
Tuesday, 22 January
Today is DAY 3
1. Wednesday Late Start Schedule: An email has gone home to all families as a reminder about the late start Wednesday. From 7:30 until 9:30 when students arrive, please work on your orders. The late start schedule is in the shared folder and on the noticeboard.
2. Wednesday Afternoon Meeting Time: We will meet all together in Betty’s room to firstly discuss the February Student-Led Conferences. Then homeroom teachers will talk further about what’s coming up re common writing assessment, STEM and word work.
3. Talk to your Students: some students have been asking others about their religious beliefs and discussions have not always been appropriate. Please find an appropriate time in the coming week to talk about respect for all beliefs, religions and values.
4. February Conferences: we see on the official school calendar that these are a day and a half. School finishes at 11:30 on 20th, and conferences will start at 12:30. NO students on 21st. While these conferences will be student-led, when we talked about this before, teachers expressed that parents like time alone with the teacher as well. So we will have some guidelines to keep the student-led part simple and quite short and allow time for parents to have time with the teacher if they want it. More to come!
5. New Lunch Arrangements: the centre stage activities went well. Today I will come out to the playground. Duty teachers: please make sure the children have eaten ALL their lunch and cleaned up, before allowing them to play on centre stage. We will gather feedback at the end of the week.
6. 6+1 Traits Common Writing Assessment and Fountas & Pinnell: see the full details in an email to come tomorrow from Chris.
7. STEM Planning & International Day: Please see the email regarding planning for STEM and the focus on technology. Also here is the list of continents for the International Day studies:
EYP - No special continent assigned. Choose any country not being done by any other class
Kindergarten - Europe
Grade 1 - North America
Grade 2 - Asia
Grade 3 - Australia (Oceania)
Grade 4 - South America
Grade 5 - Africa