As we look forward to welcoming students on campus in August, you may access items in the list below by clicking 2020-21 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
- Academic Calendar
- 4 Day Calendar
- Health Status Form
- Tuition Schedule
- Campus Protocol
- Travel History Form
- EYP - Grade 5 School Supplies List
- Grade 6 - Grade 12 School Supplies List
- Uniform Guide
Strategies of Success
The Strategies of Success program is the hub of the AISK Middle School program, focusing students and teachers on the key to success, self-knowledge, developing passions and finding a purpose in life. Strategies of Success curriculum provides the structure to explicitly teach students the tools they will need as they navigate health, wellness, self-management, social and learning skills, as well as digital citizenship to highlight a few critical life skills.
Learning skills provide opportunities to practice strategies to learn and study effectively.
- Organisational Skills
- Study Skills
- Note Taking
- Digital Citizenship:Using digital devices to become more effective learners
Opportunities to practice strategies to be more efficient people.
- Self-awareness, self-advocacy, self-regulation
- Mindfulness and Wellbeing
- Time Management
- Resilience and Risk-taking
- Digital Citizenship: Manage time spent on devices
Opportunities to practice strategies to work and play well with others.
- Conflict resolution
- Learning how to collaborate
- Empathetic connecting with others
- Digital Citizenship: Appropriate uses of digital mediums
Health & Wellness fosters a healthy lifestyle taking into account:
- Substance Abuse
- Healthy Life Choices
- Sexual Education
- Digital Citizenship: Effects of excessive use of digital devices
Teachers facilitate learning in the digital age. Students will be able to identify how learning can change when technology is leveraged for authentic, purposeful activities and deeper, engaged learning. Coding skills are developed so that all students practice computational thinking.
Guided by the International Society for Technology Education (ISTE) standards for learning, students build their technology skills by integrating:
Personal data management
A key component to SoS are empowered students who are engaged more fully in their education. By allowing students to make choices within a given context, we guide their learning while encouraging self-reliance.