Strategies of Success
The Strategies of Success program is the hub of the AISK Middle School program, focusing students and teachers on the key to success, self-knowledge, developing passions and finding a purpose in life. Strategies of Success curriculum provides the structure to explicitly teach students the tools they will need as they navigate health, wellness, self-management, social and learning skills, as well as digital citizenship to highlight a few critical life skills.
Learning skills provide opportunities to practice strategies to learn and study effectively.
- Organisational Skills
- Study Skills
- Note Taking
- Digital Citizenship:Using digital devices to become more effective learners
Opportunities to practice strategies to be more efficient people.
- Self-awareness, self-advocacy, self-regulation
- Mindfulness and Wellbeing
- Time Management
- Resilience and Risk-taking
- Digital Citizenship: Manage time spent on devices
Opportunities to practice strategies to work and play well with others.
- Conflict resolution
- Learning how to collaborate
- Empathetic connecting with others
- Digital Citizenship: Appropriate uses of digital mediums
Health & Wellness fosters a healthy lifestyle taking into account:
- Substance Abuse
- Healthy Life Choices
- Sexual Education
- Digital Citizenship: Effects of excessive use of digital devices